R. Lee Myers
A lifelong resident of Mecklenburg County, Lee Myers has spent more than 35 years practicing law in the Charlotte area. He is known in the area as a respected businessman and community leader, and he serves as a Certified Superior Court Mediator in addition to his private practice work.
In 1976, Lee Myers and his father, the late Charles Truett Myers, formed a law practice under the partnership name Myers and Myers. They practiced together until Charles’ death in February 1983. Lee Myers has joined forces with several partners since then — most recently with his son Matthew, with whom he established Myers Law Firm, PLLC on January 1, 2007.
From 1991 until 2009, Lee served as the mayor for the town of Matthews, North Carolina, where he had previously been a council member for four years. In addition, he has spent many years serving on a variety of local boards and commissions.
In 2009, Lee was awarded the Order of the Long Leaf Pine — one of the highest civilian honors available in the state — by Governor Bev Perdue in recognition of his service to the citizens of the State of North Carolina.
Lee is a member of the North Carolina Bar and is admitted to practice in the Federal District Court for the Western District of North Carolina as well as the Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals.
Lee is also a licensed private pilot, instrument-rated in both single- and multi-engine planes. He enjoys flying his Cessna 172 XP and working with the World War II aviation history group Warriors and Warbirds at the Monroe Airport. In his remaining spare time, he likes to engage in outdoor pursuits such as mountain biking, snow skiing, and camping.
- East Mecklenburg Senior High School
- East Carolina University — Bachelor of Arts, Political Science
- Oklahoma City University School of Law — Juris Doctorate
- North Carolina Advocates for Justice, Patron, Auto Torts Section
- North Carolina Bar Association
- Mecklenburg County Bar Association, Family Law Section, Civil Litigation/Alternative Dispute Resolution Section
- Mecklenburg Trial Lawyers Association
- American Association for Justice